November 8, 2019
Today’s show begins by explaining why targeted political advertisements are controversial on social media — and how some companies are addressing the issue. From there, we’re traveling to Poland’s capital, where a museum dedicated to neon is taking visitors back in time. And we’re revealing the names and the work of the top 10 CNN Heroes of 2019.
1. Which chamber of the U.S. Congress recently voted 232-196 to formalize its impeachment inquiry against U.S. President Donald Trump, who denies any wrongdoing?
2. The most recent U.S. jobs report indicated that 128,000 positions were added overall, though 36,000 were lost in what sector (or category), whose share of the U.S. economy is 11.3 percent?
3. On Sunday, most parts of the United States “fell back” from daylight-saving time to what other civil time?
4. What capital city, which is ranked as the most polluted city in the world, recently saw record levels of smog?
5. Near what landmark was a boat known as the Iron Scow recently dislodged from where it’s been stuck since 1918?
6. In what U.S. state did a recent assessment of the Mojave River Dam raise concerns among engineers?
7. A recent study suggests that body odor could be a factor in how likely people are to get bitten by what animal?
8. What carmaker, whose vehicles offer autopilot and “full self-driving capability” packages, says neither of them actually makes its cars totally self-driving?
9. Name two of the three social media companies mentioned on Friday’s show that are considering or planning changes to their policies concerning political advertisements.
10. After 32 hours and two minutes, a man in Wisconsin officially set a new Guinness World Record for playing what type of game?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10